Tuesday, May 4, 2010

No bags please

I am seeing myself being more and more conscious when it comes to rejecting the multi-purpose yet hazardous bags. I would be happy to be saving the earth by two plastic bags on the day I go wet-market shopping.

Yet, I get remarks such as 'No need to skim for them'. But, hey! I am not doing a favour to the giant supermarkets but I am doing a favour to my future generations. What kind of earth will they live in?

Sometimes, thoughts like can 2 plastic bags make a difference? Each day, there are numerous opportunities to get plastic bags. Considering myself an infrequent wet market shopper, I still have plenty of chances to collect the wonder bags. The soya bean seller, pancake seller, vegetable seller, butcher will even give you two, the fruits seller and what about the noodle seller when I pack food home for lunch?

No comments: